In a Montessori environment, the term “job” refers to purposeful work selected for a child to engage with. Each job is designed to isolate a specific learning concept or activity, enticing the child to put in effort and engage with the material.
Jobs can vary widely, ranging from academic activities, such as maths or reading tasks, to practical life tasks, like cleaning or arranging flowers. Each job is deemed equally important, as they all contribute to the child’s overall development and learning.
- 1Montessori Quotes on Job
- 2Research and Critiques on Job
- 3Comparison to Other Methods
- 4Glossary of Montessori Terms
- 5Please help to translate this page into your local language